NFDA is pleased to announce the NFDA Leadership Development Committee’s list of qualified candidates for open positions on the NFDA Board of Directors.
Officers serve a one-year term that commences following the 2019 NFDA Convention. The individual elected to the office of president-elect will automatically become president following the 2020 NFDA Convention.
- Douglas "Dutch" Nie II, Nie Family Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- John “Jack” O. Mitchell IV, Mitchell-Wiedfeld Funeral Home Inc., Baltimore, Md.
- Randall “Randy” P. Anderson, Radney's Funeral Home Inc., Alexander City, Ala.
During its April 2019 meeting, the NFDA Board of Directors will receive a report from the Leadership Development Committee confirming that only one individual was nominated for each of the three officer positions. Because each candidate for the three officer positions is running unopposed, the Board can record in its minutes that, in accordance with Section C.8 of Article VIII of the NFDA Bylaws, each is hereby elected by the members to take their respective offices at the close of the 2019 Convention.
During their meeting in July, the NFDA Policy Board will elect two individuals to serve two-year terms (2019-21) that commence following the 2019 NFDA International Convention & Expo. The following individuals are at-large representative candidates:
- Linda L. Allan, Allan & Ciuferi Funeral Home, Collinsville, Ill.
- Daniel J. Ford, Alderson-Ford Funeral Homes Inc., Cheshire, Conn.
- Beatrice E. Lewanduski, D'Andrea Brothers Funeral Home, Copiague, N.Y.
Visit www.nfda.org/vote to view detailed information for each candidate.