Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic participation guidelines.
By joining this community, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these online communities. You also agree to abide by all relevant NFDA policies and procedures. You further agree to reserve posting comments for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NFDA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership for members who violate these rules. NFDA also reserves the right to remove any post that does not follow these guidelines.
- Only NFDA members have access to NFDA online communities. Access is granted when logging in to the site (nfda.org) using your NFDA-issued website access credentials. Do not share your login credentials with anyone else and do not use this community if you share log in credentials with someone else in your funeral home. For assistance with login credentials, contact an NFDA member services representative.
- The names of individuals commenting and posting will be automatically identified by name based on the name associated with the login credentials. There are no anonymous postings.
- Posting photos of any kind is not allowed.
- Individuals are prohibited from using the names of any individuals/families they may be serving.
- The posts must stay on-topic for the specific forum (e.g., the form for embalming is limited to discussions and posts about embalming).
- Do not challenge or attack others. Posting comments is meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial comments. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Do not discuss prices, salaries, benefits, fees, specific business transactions, or individual companies, and in particular do not defame, disparage, or criticize any person or company.
- There must be no agreements on or discussions of prices, salaries, benefits, fees, allocation of markets, or boycotting of any person or company.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. Posted comments are available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments are strictly prohibited. Refrain from posting jokes or making comments intended to be humorous. Such language can often be misconstrued or misinterpreted, and offend other readers. Do not post comments that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of online postings.
- Post your comments only to the most appropriate online group(s).
- Do not disclose proprietary, confidential, or legally privileged information.
The online group is provided as a service of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA). NFDA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NFDA disclaims all warranties with regard to information and comments posted, whether posted by NFDA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall NFDA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information or comments posted.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments. Do not post any information or other comments protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
Comments should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Comments on the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; benefits; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NFDA reserves the right, but is under no obligation to actively monitor the online group for inappropriate postings and undertake editorial control of postings. Further, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NFDA, then NFDA will take all appropriate action. NFDA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.