The deadline for the 2020 NFDA Pursuit of Excellence Awards will be here before you know it. If you haven't already done so, it's time to get started on your entry so you can submit it by July 15.
For 40 years, the Pursuit of Excellence Award has been a hallmark for funeral homes that are committed to providing exceptional service to grieving families and the community, while adhering to the highest ethical and professional standards.
If families trust you and your staff to exceed expectations before, during and after the funeral, you may already qualify for the Pursuit of Excellence Award.
Here are a few tips to help you finalize and submit your entry:
1. Due to the pandemic, we are requiring all entries to be submitted electronically this year. Your entry must be finalized and submitted via our FileCloud system by 11:59 p.m. CST on July 15, 2020.
2. As you are describing how you have fulfilled criteria, be specific. Include names, dates, locations and places as appropriate.
3. If documentation is required (e.g., pictures, certificates, badges), be sure the file you are submitting is named with the criterion it is supporting.
4. If you are struggling to complete four criteria in each category because programs you intended to host or participate in were canceled due to COVID-19, we encourage you to use the last "catch all" criterion in each category to describe how your funeral home stepped up in other ways to serve families and communities during the pandemic.
Categories 2-6 each have, as the final criterion, the option to describe a program or service that fits the definition of the category but does not fit in one of the existing criteria. You may describe multiple programs/initiatives in the “catch all” criterion in order to fulfill four criteria in each category. For example, in category 3 if you have criteria A and B fulfilled, you can then describe two activities for criterion K (the “catch all”).
5. As the members of the Pursuit of Excellence Work Group review entries, they will be flexible and mindful of the challenges all funeral homes have faced during the pandemic.
Click here for complete details on how to submit your entry for 2020.
Demonstrate your firm’s commitment to funeral service excellence! Submit your 2020 NFDA Pursuit of Excellence award entry today!