NFDA has added several new forms to its suite of sample legal forms. The forms, developed by NFDA General Counsel Scott Gilligan, are:
- Affidavit of Relationship - declares the relationship between an individual and a decedent
- Agreement Not to Disinter - informs families that, when burying an individual in a green cemetery, the decedent may not be disinterred, except for a duly issued order of a government official or court
- Confirmation of Embalming and Preparation of Remains - confirms that embalming has taken place prior to a decedent being shipped out of state
- Confirmation of Non-Compliance of Preneed Funeral Contract - for use when the next-of-kin chooses to use a funeral home other than the one with which a decedent preplanned their funeral and purchased an insurance policy
- Directions to Withhold Embalming Pending Representative Instruction - for use when the next-of-kin has not yet decided whether to embalm a decedent
- Statement as to Absence of Relatives - statement attesting to the absence of any relatives to authorize disposition
These forms are available at no charge to NFDA members and can be downloaded from www.nfda.org/legalforms (login required).
While you’re there, check out the wide range of forms and informational documents covering many different situations you might encounter as you serve families and are available as a benefit of your NFDA membership.