The 2019 NFDA International Convention & Expo, taking place October 27-30 in Chicago, Ill., offers you the most educational opportunities of any conference.
Discover more than 40 opportunities to continue your education at this year’s convention. This year's winning lineup of funeral service experts bring the latest trends and hottest topics, along with great new ideas and strategies you can put into action immediately.
Customize your convention experience by choosing from a variety of educational sessions, including convenient pre-convention certification and training programs!
- Preconvention Seminars (additional fee):
- NFDA Arranger Training Seminar
- NFDA Cremation Certification Program
- NFDA Certified Preplanning Consultant Seminar
- Certified Celebrant Training (hosted by NFDA and presented by InSight Institute)
- Embalming and Reconstructive Techniques for Trauma, Including Organ and Tissue Cases presented by Vernie Fountain
- Reconstructive Techniques for Severe Trauma presented by Jason Mishler
- What Consumers Expect From You Right Now presented by Georganne Bender and Richard Kizer
- Mortuary Mission: Dover’s Silent History presented by Lt. Col. Brooks A. Wilkerson and Oral A. Cronin
- Planning Your Exit Strategy presented by Tim Hermann, Jake Johnson and Alan Creedy
- Personalization Through Storytelling and Event Planning presented by Richard Aaron
- Defusing Conflict in the Arrangement Room: Strategies from Family Therapists presented by Jason Troyer
- It’s Not “Just a Cremation!” presented by Adam Sanden
- Therapy From Man's Best Friend presented by Mark Krause and Bennie
- And much more!
Don’t miss our dynamic keynote speakers!
- Seth Godin, bestselling author, teacher, entrepreneur and founder of altmba.com, will give the opening keynote address on Monday, October 28. Anyone with a smartphone knows how much the world has changed and how fast it continues to change. Attention is precious, yet the noise around us continues to increase. Godin will take you on a fast-moving tour of how the new economy offers a priceless opportunity to tell stories that resonate and to ultimately earn the trust of those you seek to serve.
- Closing out the convention on Wednesday, October 30 is keynote speaker Ethan Morse, a filmmaker, U.S. Army veteran and Tomb Guard Sentinel, who will give you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the documentary series Honor Guard. Narrated by Academy Award-nominated actor Sam Elliot, the series showcases the inspiring dedication that members of the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment ("The Old Guard") unceasingly exhibit to pay their respects to those who gave all. Filmed throughout our nation's scenic capital region, this documentary highlights the mission, training, history and impact of the soldiers in The Old Guard, the oldest and most prestigious active-duty infantry unit in the U.S. Army. Following Wednesday’s General Session, attendees can enjoy a special pre-screening of Honor Guard, which is slated to be released in November.
Get the scoop on everything that is happening at the 2019 NFDA International Convention & Expo - including these dynamic educational offerings - by visiting www.nfda.org/chicago2019.