NFDA is inviting hospice professionals to attend its 2019 International Convention & Expo, taking place October 27-30 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill. This extraordinary learning opportunity will enable hospice professionals to learn alongside and network with you in a relaxed setting.
NFDA hopes that hospice professionals will walk away from its convention with an improved understanding of what happens when a patient leaves their care and enters your care; how to collaborate with you to serve families; and how to educate families about the options available to them when creating a meaningful tribute to their loved one.
If you know of a hospice professional in your community who might be interested in attending the NFDA Convention, invite him or her to attend with you!
While the NFDA International Convention & Expo has historically been planned with you in mind, the content is applicable to a wide variety of death care professionals, including hospice professionals. This year the association has identified a variety of programming that would be of particular interest to hospice professionals covering topics including disenfranchised grief, funeral customs from around the world, green funeral options, the use of therapy dogs, and more.
Other highlights include:
- Seth Godin, bestselling author, teacher, entrepreneur and founder of altmba.com, will give the opening keynote address on Monday, October 28. Anyone with a smartphone knows how much the world has changed and how fast it continues to change. Attention is precious, yet the noise around us continues to increase. Godin will take attendees on a fast-moving tour of how the new economy offers each of us a priceless opportunity to tell stories that resonate and to ultimately earn the trust of those we seek to serve.
- Closing out the convention on Wednesday, October 30 is keynote speaker Ethan Morse, a filmmaker, U.S. Army veteran and Tomb Guard Sentinel, who will give attendees a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the documentary series Honor Guard. Narrated by Academy Award-nominated actor Sam Elliot, the series showcases the inspiring dedication that members of the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment ("The Old Guard") unceasingly exhibit to pay their respects to those who gave all. Filmed throughout our nation's scenic capital region, this documentary highlights the mission, training, history and impact of the soldiers in The Old Guard, the oldest and most prestigious active-duty infantry unit in the U.S. Army. Following Wednesday’s General Session, attendees can enjoy a special pre-screening of Honor Guard, which is slated to be released in November.
- Attendees can channel their inner Jake or Elwood during the Blues Brothers-inspired Welcome Party on Sunday, October 27. Taking place in the Aon Ballroom at legendary Navy Pier, guests will enjoy Chicago’s most requested tribute band, The Blooze Brothers; Chicago-inspired snacks; and a cash bar.
- Public-safety officials serve and protect their communities and put their lives on the line every day. When the time comes, their lives deserve to be remembered with the utmost honor and respect through a meaningful funeral service. Attendees should make time to attend the Service of Remembrance on Tuesday, October 29 as NFDA explores the customs associated with celebrating the lives of public servants and honors the memory of funeral service family members who died this year.
Hospice professionals may register at an exclusive rate of $275, which includes:
- Admission to all convention workshops (no CE)
- General sessions, including keynote speakers
- Access to the world’s largest funeral service expo
- Welcome Party at Navy Pier
- Networking with more than 5,000 funeral service professionals
- Access to NFDA Central where attendees will find a wide variety of grief and other resources
- A free Remembering A Life Memory Jar
The Funeral Service Foundation, NFDA’s charitable arm, is offering up to ten scholarships to qualified hospice and other end-of-life professionals to cover the cost of the full conference registration. The deadline to apply is September 30.
Book a Hotel Room
Attendees may use Experient, NFDA’s official housing provider, to book a room. Convenient shuttles will take attendees to and from the convention center daily.
Tell your hospice colleagues they can learn more about the NFDA International Convention & Expo, register, apply for a scholarship or book a hotel room by visiting www.nfda.org/hospice2019.