As families' wishes continue to evolve, it is more important than ever to offer a variety of services that exceed their expectations. To help you meet the needs of families not affiliated with a religion or church – or who simply want something a little different when planning a service – NFDA is again partnering with InSight Institute to host Certified Celebrant Training seminars in June and October.
A certified celebrant works with the funeral director to provide families with a funeral, memorial service or tribute that is personalized and tailored to reflect the personality and lifestyle of the deceased.
With fewer families incorporating religious rites into funeral and memorial services, many funeral directors see certified celebrants as a way to meet the needs of non-religious families and those who may see themselves as spiritual but are not affiliated with a church or religion.
The Certified Celebrant Training seminars hosted by NFDA will be conducted by InSight Institute’s Glenda Stansbury MA, CFSP, and Kathy Burns. In a creative and collaborative environment, attendees will develop such skills as:
- Articulating the Value of the Funeral
- Facilitating Family Meetings
- Using Music and Readings Resources
- Art of Ceremonial Writing
- Presentation Skills
- How to Serve as a Master of Ceremonies
- Developing the Celebrant Concept in the Community
- And much more
The seminars will be held:
- June 22-24, Brookfield, WI – NFDA Headquarters
- October 16-18, New Orleans, LA – in conjunction with the 2020 NFDA Convention
For more information or to register for an NFDA-hosted Certified Celebrant Training seminar, visit www.nfda.org/celebrant or call 800-228-6332.