Giving toys to children during the holidays can be so much fun. But, toys can also cause injury. When choosing toys, keep in mind the age and skill level of the child. If very young, check the hazard signs closely and talk with the parents. Look the toys over for sturdiness and safety.
The experts from the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program, a free benefit of your membership, have information to help you make wise choices when picking out a gift for the little ones on your gift list:
The Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) offers a toll-free hotline staffed by experts who can suggest resources and offer support, along with unlimited access to online resources for:
- Unlimited phone/online consultations and up to three complimentary in-person sessions with a licensed counselor per yer
- Online referrals to:
- Care services (adult, child or special needs care, summer camps, etc.
- Education services (school, tutoring, test prep, etc.)
- Family services (parenting, adoption, pregnancy, infertility, etc.)
- Convenience services (home repair, pet care, relocation, etc.)
- Financial planning
- Legal information & referrals
- Articles, tools, webinars, podcasts and more!
The support offered through the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program is free and confidential. It is available to you, your immediate family, your staff, and members of their immediate family.
For more information, visit www.nfda.org/worklife (member log in required).