Grieving the death of a loved one is challenging - a process made even more complicated during the COVID-19 pandemic. Remembering A Life, through a generous grant from the Funeral Service Foundation, would like to help you bring comfort to families that may be going through a particularly trying time. While supplies last, we'll be giving away a special COVID-19 edition of the Remembering A Life Self-care Box. Each funeral home may request one or two boxes to give to families in their community.
The Special COVID-19 Edition Remembering A Life Grief Box contains:
- Remembering A Life Grief Journal – Keeping a journal can help a grieving individual reflect on the life of a loved one, the relationship they shared and the impact he or she had on family and friends. Journaling provides the opportunity to write about grief in a private, cathartic manner. The Remembering A Life Journal, developed with Elizabeth Lewis, features writing prompts, illustrations that can be colored and blank pages for drawing, doodling or scrapbooking.
- Memory Jar – Life is full of many special times and experiences. Those memories can be jotted down on small pieces of paper and placed in the Remembering A Life Memory Jar. The jar can be opened at any time – or perhaps on the person's birthday, a holiday or other meaningful day. It’s a lovely way for your families to rediscover a few of the wonderful moments that will keep your loved one's memory alive.
- Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is always important, but particularly while grieving when a person might not be practicing self-care. Using the Remembering A Life water bottle at home or on the go helps ensure a person is drinking enough water throughout the day.
- Grieving Alone & Together Booklet – Created by the Funeral Service Foundation, this booklet, written by Dr. Sara Murphy, provides guidance for families who are managing the challenges of grieving in isolation during the pandemic.
- Remembering A Life Tissue Pack – Grieving can of course lead to tears and the Remembering A Life Tissue Pack ensures families will always have a tissue close by.
Learn more about Remembering A Life here.
Free self-care boxes are available while supplies last.