Do-It-Yourself Memorials (with a Little Help from the Funeral Director) (2 CE hours)
- Member: $45.00
- Non-Member: $60.00
- Planning a Funeral, Ceremony or Memorial
- Online Learning Course
When the U.S. economy cratered in 2008 it forced people to become more budget conscious, and as a result more resourceful and creative in terms of memorializing loved ones. In some cases, the funeral director was cut out of the equation or left on the outside looking in. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Join Lacy Robinson as she helps you discover how you can reposition your role and partner with the DIY family members that want to work behind the scenes to bring additional value to their loved one’s life tribute event. Walk away with questions you need to ask to open up the discussion about unique ideas and meaningful participation. You can expect to leave with new ideas, great resources and increased confidence to embracing the growing DIY culture.
After completing this online course, you will be better able to:
- Create meaningful funerals and memorials that cater to a family’s needs.
- Understand the importance of offering all of the options, every time.
- Implement creative packages and unique choices using suggested language for the GPL.
- Give families creative control and behind the scenes participation.
- Learn how to expand on your credibility and better connect with hands-on individuals.
The content of this National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) course, and the opinions and recommendations contained therein, in no way represent or reflect the views or policies of the National Funeral Directors Association. The offering of this course by the National Funeral Directors Association does not constitute approval or an endorsement of the content, opinions or recommendations contained in the course.
Continuing Education Information: This course is currently approved for 2 CE hours by APFSP and selected state licensing boards.
State Exceptions: Check with your state board for approval status.