Supporting Pregnancy Loss Families (3 CE hours)
- Member: $75.00
- Non-Member: $100.00
- Suicide, Sudden Death and Tragic Death
- Online Learning Course
This NFDA Online Course is designed to inform funeral service professionals about the stories of bereaved parents and educate them on methods to create a better experience for pregnancy and infant loss families.
Every year, more than 600,000 U.S. families are affected by pregnancy loss due to miscarriage, stillbirth and other pregnancy complications. More and more of these families are pursuing traditional funeral arrangements for their children. Unfortunately, many funeral homes are unaccustomed to handling these services, resulting in the critical needs of many of these families going unmet.
Rickerd will draw on new research gathered from more than 500 loss parents to identify the 10 best practices funeral directors should know about supporting this unique group. Participants will gain a more complete understanding of how to provide support to bereaved parents and how to establish a funeral home as a leader within the local pregnancy loss community.
After completing this online course, you will be better able to:
- Provide meaningful support to the growing market of bereaved parents.
- Understand the current scientific and clinical literature on the grief associated with pregnancy loss.
- Implement best practices regarding miscarriages and stillborn loss.
- Drive business from satisfied pregnancy-loss parents through word-of-mouth referrals.
- Avoid the potential for negative person-to-person or online reviews due to improper care of parents.
- Establish yourself as a leader within your local bereaved parent community.
The content of this National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) course, and the opinions and recommendations contained therein, in no way represent or reflect the views or policies of the National Funeral Directors Association. The offering of this course by the National Funeral Directors Association does not constitute approval or an endorsement of the content, opinions.