Embalming Risk Management 4.0 (3 CE)
- Member: $75.00
- Non-Member: $100.00
- Compliance Regulations and Guidelines
- Online Learning Course
This NFDA Online Course is designed to inform funeral service professionals about the malpractice risks embalmers may face and many common-sense steps to reduce liability exposure, including the importance of embalming documentation.
In this recording from the 2018 NFDA Embalming and Restorative Art Seminar at the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science, NFDA General Counsel Scott Gilligan and funeral director/embalmer Jzyk Ennis explore the malpractice risks embalmers (like doctors and hospitals) may face from consumers unsatisfied with embalming results. They discuss how a malpractice lawsuit is conducted and offer commonsense steps and legal forms to help embalmers reduce liability exposure.
After completing this online course, you will be better able to:
- Identify liability risks associated with embalming.
- Describe elements of an embalming malpractice case and how a claim is prosecuted.
- Understand the role of expert witnesses in malpractice cases.
- Explain the importance of embalming documentation and embalming forms.