For Immediate Release: May 19, 2014
Brookfield, Wis. – Registration is now open for the 2014 National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) Leadership Conference, which will take place July 13-16 at the Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa Valley, Calif. During this one-of-a-kind event, current and aspiring leaders and volunteers will develop essential skills that will help them make a positive impact on their state and national funeral service associations.
This year's NFDA Leadership Conference is packed with speakers and opportunities for discussion that will help attendees walk away with the tools and resources necessary to help them be innovative and effective funeral service leaders.
- Model Laws: How Does Your State Score? presented by T. Scott Gilligan, NFDA general counsel
- Managing the Media – What You Need to Know NOW presented by Sue Castorino, Speaking Specialists
- Steps to Becoming a Great Board Member presented by Mark Alcorn, JD, MBA, Alcorn Associates
- Online Engagement: Tech Terms & Tools Made Easy presented by Santiago Jaramillo, Blue Bridge Digital
Leadership Conference attendees will also participate in the always popular "Breakout by Office" discussions during which association officers can talk about issues unique to their role and share ideas for success.
More information about the speakers can be found on the NFDA website, www.nfda.org/leadership.
Conference guests can reconnect with old friends and make new ones during the complimentary Welcome Reception on Sunday, July 13. On Tuesday evening, July 15, attendees can relax at An Evening in Wine Country at Artesa Winery (registration required).
In addition to valuable educational programs, attendees will have an opportunity to network with colleagues and friends during optional tours and excursions that NFDA has arranged (registration, which is on a first-come, first served basis, is required):
Sunday, July 13
- Golf Outing at Eagle Vines Vineyards & Golf Club – The premiere Napa Valley golf course, Eagle Vines Golf Club is the perfect blend of a first-rate facility highlighted by a challenging golf course tucked into the beautiful landscape of the Napa Valley. Eagle Vines golf course is an 18-hole, par 72 golf course that was designed in part by World Golf Hall of Famer Johnny Miller. Cost: $139 (early-bird price: $119).
- Muir Woods and San Francisco City Tour – Following a visit to Muir Woods, one of the world's most magnificent redwood forests, attendees are off to San Francisco to experience the city's legendary sights, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf and more. Attendees will have free time to shop and enjoy the city's delectable local cuisine. Cost: $125 per person.
- A Day in Wine Country – Northern California's wine country is home to more than 300 wineries, and is recognized around the world over as a leading viticultural region. Attendees will visit two wineries and experience private tastings at each. Cost: $155 per adult, $125 per child age 5-20 years.
Monday, July 14
- A Royal Day at Castello di Amorosa Tour – Castello di Amorosa is a popular destination for highly sought after California wines. Guests will enjoy a private tour of this stunning castle and a wine tasting experience that will make them feel like royalty. Following their visit to Castello di Amorosa, attendees will visit a second winery for a private wine tasting experience. Cost: $175 per adult, $125 per child age 5-20 years.
Detailed tour descriptions and registration information are on the NFDA website,www.nfda.org/leadership. Attendees will register for excursions through Impact Destinations and Events; registration for the golf outing will be coordinated through NFDA.
The registration deadline is June 27. Attendees can register online at www.nfda.org/leadership or by calling NFDA at 800-228-6332.
On or before June 13
After June 13
Conference registration fee
(includes welcome reception, presentations,
continental breakfasts, handouts and CE)
NFDA Member: $395
Spouse/guest (no CE): $130
NFDA Member: $445
Spouse/guest (no CE): $180
An Evening in Wine Country
Golf Outing at
Eagle Vines Vineyards & Golf Club
Set against the rolling vineyards of California's Wine Country, The Meritage Resort and Spa offers gracious hospitality, unrivaled amenities, culinary delights and an unforgettable wine and spa experience. NFDA has negotiated exclusive room rates at The Meritage Resort:
- Sunday through Friday: $219 + $20 resort fee per night
- Saturday: $239 + $20 resort fee per night
The room rate and resort fee include amenities, such as iPod-compatible AM/FM radio; 42-inch flat screen TV with DVD player and access to the resort's DVD library; two plush robes; high-speed wired and wireless Internet access; welcome bottle of wine; complimentary bottled water; coffee/tea maker with a selection of premium coffees and teas; complimentary shuttle service to downtown Napa; and more. NFDA Leadership Conference attendees will receive a 20 percent discount on spa services. More information about the resort and how to make reservations is available on the NFDA website, www.nfda.org/leadership. Hotel reservations must be made by June 18. Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
NFDA thanks the following companies for their generous support of the 2014 Leadership Conference: Federated Insurance, Homesteaders Life Company, Live Oak Bank, Messenger, and Worsham Mortuary College.
NFDA is the world's leading and largest funeral service association, serving 19,700 individual members who represent more than 10,000 funeral homes in the United States and 39 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
# # #
Media Contact: Jessica Koth, 262-814-1536, firstname.lastname@example.org