April 29, 2013 - Apopka, Fla. - Matthews Cremation, a division of Matthews International Corporation (Nasdaq: MATW) and leading manufacturer and supplier of environmentally-driven cremation solutions, in association with National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), is proud to announce their fourth annual Pet Loss Business Development Conference series, "Opportunity Unleashed."
The one-day educational forums, hosted in Albany, N.Y. (July 22), Baltimore, Md. (July 24), and Orlando, Fla. (July 26) bring together some of the most advanced experts within the pet death care industry. Online registration is available at www.matthewscremation.com/pet13.
"All too often, the subject of pet loss is kept in the closet or minimized while families struggle with the emotional loss of a special companion," said Steven Schaal, president of the North American region for Matthews Cremation. "For most communities, pet loss resources are limited, and this conference faculty will present a variety of different practical applications to integrate these services within an existing business model or a freestanding operation."
The faculty will present a series of business development strategies that builds meaningful memorial services that connect with today's pet parent. Featured topics include:
- The Business Landscape - Ron Salvatore, Matthews Cremation - focus on the dynamic trends within pet services and the investment in pet crematories.
- Funeral Home Integration - Michael Harris, Harris Funeral Home/Pet Passages™ - discover the practical applications to successfully implement into a funeral home
- Veterinary Network - Scott Hunter, Gateway Pet Memorial - establish a "freestanding" operation that supports a nucleus of animal care professionals
- Pet Loss Legal - Chris Farmer, Sheehy, Ware & Pappas, P.C. - protect your business and minimize the liabilities
- Pet Social Network - Ashley Montroy - Frontrunner Professional - discover exciting new ways in which to network with pet parents
This year's conference will also feature pet loss suppliers who will showcase their specialty products and services. The conference is open to anyone wishing to learn more about this dynamic service opportunity.
For more information, visit www.matthewscremation.com/pet13 or call 1-800-327-2831 to secure seats for one of the fastest growing service trends in North America.