For Immediate Release: August 22, 2017
NFDA Members to Select Best of the Best Award Recipients
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) is pleased to announce that more than 160 funeral homes have earned the 2017 Pursuit of Excellence Award. This award is presented by NFDA annually to firms that have demonstrated a commitment to raising the bar on funeral service excellence by adhering to strict ethical and professional standards and providing outstanding service to families and communities.
To earn an NFDA Pursuit of Excellence Award, a funeral home must demonstrate proficiency in key areas of funeral service, including compliance with state and federal regulations; providing ongoing education and professional development opportunities for staff; offering outstanding programs and resources to bereaved families; maintaining an active level of involvement in the community; participating and actively serving in the funeral service profession; and promoting funeral home services through a variety of marketing, advertising and public relations programs. Participants are also required to adhere to a Pledge of Ethical Practices.
NFDA will honor the 2017 Pursuit of Excellence Award Recipients on October 30 during the All-Star Recognition Ceremony, which will take place during the 2017 NFDA International Convention & Expo, October 29 through November 1 in Boston, Mass.
Information about the NFDA Pursuit of Excellence program can be found by visiting www.nfda.org/pursuitofexcellence. Registration and application materials for 2018 will be available in late-October 2017.
Best of the Best Award Finalists Announced – NFDA Members to Select Winners
All Pursuit of Excellence applicants submitted an essay describing the development and execution of a program or service that had a positive impact on the families they serve or their community, qualifying them for the Best of the Best Award, which recognizes the most novel and innovative programs and services in the profession.
After a thorough review, the Pursuit of Excellence Committee has selected the five finalists for the Best of the Best Award:
NFDA members will, once again, select the recipients of the Best of the Best Award. After reviewing the finalists’ essays, association members will vote for the idea they think is most worthy of the Best of the Best Award. The three firms that earn the most votes will be named the 2017 recipients of the Best of the Best Award.
The 2017 Best of the Best Award finalists are:
Arlington Memorial Chapels, Inc., Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Chambers & James, Funeral, Pet & Cremation Services, Wellsburg, W.Va.
Old Bridge Funeral Home, Old Bridge, N.J.
Reynolds Jonkhoff Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Traverse City, Mich.
Spicer-Mullikin Funeral Homes and Crematory, New Castle, Del.
Association members should visit www.nfda.org/pursuitofexcellence to read finalists’ essays and cast their vote. Voting for the Best of the Best Award closes September 8.
NFDA Hall of Excellence Inductees
NFDA-member funeral homes are inducted into the Hall of Excellence upon receiving their 10th Pursuit of Excellence Award. In recognition of their consistent display of professional and ethical excellence, four funeral homes will be inducted into the NFDA Hall of Excellence in 2017:
Lentz Funeral Home, Algona, Iowa
Roller-Owens Funeral Home, North Little Rock, Ark.
Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, Fairfield, Conn.
Worlein Funeral Home, Austin, Minn.
*Previously inducted into the NFDA Hall of Excellence
**2017Best of The Best Award Finalist
***First-time Award Recipient
****2017 Hall of Excellence Inductee
- Abels & French-Hand Funeral Homes, Grundy Center, Iowa
- *A.H. Peters Funeral Home of Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Mich.
- A.H. Peters Funeral Home, Warren, Warren, Mich.
- *A.J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors, Troy, Mich.
- Anderson & Sons Mortuary, Inc., American Fork, Utah
- ***Anderson Funeral Home, Alexandria, Minn.
- ***Anderson Funeral and Cremation Services, Belvidere, Ill.
- Anderson-Burris Funeral Home & Crematory, Enid, Okla.
- **Arlington Memorial Chapels, Inc., Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- *Arnett & Steele Funeral Home, Inc., Pineville, Ky.
- Arrington Funeral Directors, Jackson, Tenn.
- *A.S. Turner & Sons Funeral Home & Crematory, Decatur, Ga.
- *Baird Funeral Home, Troy, Ohio
- Ballard-Durand Funeral & Cremation Services, White Plains, N.Y.
- Baskerville Funeral Home, Wilmington, Ill.
- Bass Funeral Home, Inc., Gordonsville, Tenn.
- ***B.C. Bailey Funeral Home, Wallingford, Conn.
- Brandon G. Thompson Funeral Home, Hammond, La.
- Brunswick Memorial Home, East Brunswick, N.J.
- Butler Funeral Home, Bolivar, Mo.
- *Caldwell & Cowan Funeral Home, Covington, Ga.
- Cannon Cleveland Funeral Directors, McDonough, Ga.
- *Cassaday-Turkle-Christian Funeral and Cremation Service, Inc., Alliance, Ohio
- **Chambers & James Funeral, Pet & Cremation Services, Wellsburg, W.Va.
- Christopher Mitchell Funeral Homes, Inc., Albion, N.Y.
- Copeland Funeral Service, Beaufort, S.C.
- ***Cosmopolitan Memorial Chapels, Inc., Cebu City, Philippines
- *Cozean Memorial Chapel & Crematory, Farmington, Mo.
- *Cozine Memorial Group, Wichita, Kan.
- C.R. Lyons & Sons Funeral Directors, Danvers, Mass.
- Dalin-Hante Funeral Chapel, Winthrop, Minn.
- *David C. Brown Funeral Home, Belleville, Mich.
- *Davis Funeral Home, LLC, Nashua, N.H.
- Deiters Funeral Home & Crematory, Washington, Ill.
- *D'Esopo East Hartford Memorial Chapel, East Hartford, Conn/
- *D'Esopo Funeral Chapel, Wethersfield, Conn.
- *Dobratz-Hantge Funeral Chapel, Hutchinson, Minn.
- Duksa Family Funeral Homes at Burritt Hill, New Britain, Conn.
- *Duksa Family Funeral Homes at Newington Memorial, Newington, Conn.
- *Dwayne R. Spence Funeral Home, Canal Winchester, Ohio
- E. Blake Collins Funeral Home, Wilkes Barre, Penn.
- Emerald Hills Funeral Home and Memorial Park, Kennedale, Texas
- Emmanuel Johnson Funeral Home, Philadelphia, Penn.
- ***Ever Rest Funeral Home and Chapel, Muskegon, Mich.
- Falco Caruso & Leonard Camden Funeral Home, Camden, N.J.
- Falco Caruso & Leonard Funeral Home, Pennsauken, N.J.
- Farris Funeral Service and Crematory, Abingdon, Va.
- Finch & Finch Funeral and Cremation Service, Altavista, Va.
- Freitas Rupracht Funeral Home, Yerington, Nev.
- French Funeral Home, Brazil, Ind.
- Funeraria Hernandez, Pennsauken, N.J.
- Funeraria La Esperanza S.A., Medellín, Colombia
- Funeraria San Vicente S.A., Medellín, Colombia
- *Gamble Funeral Service, Savannah, Ga.
- Gardinier Funeral Home, Inc., Franklin, Penn.
- Geisen Funeral Homes, Crown Point, Ind.
- Geisen-Carlisle Funeral & Cremation Services, Michigan City, Ind.
- George I. Green Funeral Home, Inc., Munhall, Penn.
- G.H. Herrmann Funeral Homes, Indianapolis, Ind.
- *Gorsline-Runciman Funeral Homes, Lansing, Mich.
- *Gunderson Funeral Home, Madison, Wis.
- ***Halpin-Bitecola Brookdale Funeral Home, Bloomfield, N.J.
- Heath Funeral Chapel & Crematory, Lakeland, Fla.
- *Henderson Funeral Home & Crematory, Pekin, Ill.
- *Heritage Funeral Home, Nipawin, SK, Canada
- Holman-Howe Funeral Home, Lebanon, Mo.
- Howard K. Hill Funeral Services, New Haven, Conn.
- Hughes Family Tribute Center, Dallas, Texas
- Hughes-Hantge Funeral Chapel, Hector, Minn.
- Inglesby & Sons Funeral Home, Pennsauken, N.J.
- ***Irvin Macz Funeral Homes, Centralia, Ill.
- James Funeral Home & Northlake Memorial Gardens, Huntersville, N.C.
- Jennings-Calvey Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Clarks Summit, Penn.
- J. Garcia Lopez Casa Pedregal, Mexico City, Mexico
- *Johnson-Hagglund Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Litchfield, Minn.
- Johnson-McBride Funeral Chapel, Glencoe, Minn.
- *Jones-Wynn Funeral Home & Crematory, Douglasville, Ga.
- *Jones-Wynn Funeral Home & Crematory, Villa Rica, Ga.
- *Joseph Vertin and Sons Funeral Home, Breckenridge, Minn.
- Karrer-Simpson Funeral Home, Port Huron, Mich.
- *Kerrville Funeral Home, Kerrville, Texas
- *Kilpatrick Funeral Homes, West Monroe, La.
- Kimble Funeral Home, Junction, Texas
- Kok Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Cottage Grove, Minn.
- ***Kramer Funeral Home – Palouse, Palouse, Wash.
- ***Krestridge Funeral Home, Levelland, Texas
- Lakeshore Memorial Services, a Dignity Memorial Provider, Holland, Mich.
- Lakeside Memorial Funeral Home, Hamburg, N.Y.
- ***Langley Funeral Home, Camp Hill, Ala.
- ****Lentz Funeral Home, Algona, Iowa
- Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, Stamford, Conn.
- Lord & Stephens Funeral Home, Athens, Ga.
- Martin & Hightower Funeral Home, Carrollton, Ga.
- *Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Fairgrove, Fairgrove, Mich.
- Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Grand Blanc, Grand Blanc, Mich.
- *Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Mt. Morris, Mount Morris, Mich.
- *Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Vassar, Vassar, Mich.
- *Memorial Funeral Home, San Juan, Texas
- *Memorial Funeral Home, Edinburg, Texas
- Mercer-Adams Funeral Service, Bethany, Okla.
- Meredith-Clark Funeral Home, Cremation and Personalization Center, Morgantown, Ind.
- ***Mililani Memorial Park & Mortuary Chapel, Waipahu, Hawaii
- *Milward Funeral Directors, Lexington, Ky.
- ***Molden Funeral Chapel, Bristol, Penn.
- ***Morada Da Paz, Paulista, PE, Brazil
- Morgan & Nay Funeral Centre, Madison, Ind.
- Morris-Baker Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Morrissett Funeral & Cremation Service, North Chesterfield, Va.
- *Myers Mortuary – Roy, Roy, Utah
- *Myers Mortuary of Brigham City, Brigham City, Utah
- *Myers Mortuary of Layton, Layton, Utah
- *Myers Mortuary, Ogden, Utah
- O'Brien Funeral Home, Brick Location, Brick, N.J.
- O'Brien Funeral Home, Wall Location, Wall Township, N.J.
- Oceanside Memorial Home, Lake Como, N.J.
- *Ochiltree Funeral Service, Winterset, Iowa
- **Old Bridge Funeral Home, Old Bridge, N.J.
- Oliverie Funeral Home, Manchester, N.J.
- *Olson Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Sheboygan, Wis.
- *Patrick T. Lanigan Funeral Home and Crematory, East Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Pedersen Funeral & Cremation Service, Morris, Minn.
- *Pixley Funeral Home, Rochester, Mich.
- *Pray Funeral Home, Inc., Charlotte, Mich.
- Radney Funeral Home, Alexander City, Ala.
- Ransford Collon Funeral Home, Caro, Mich.
- *Reeves Funeral Homes, Ltd., Coal City, Ill.
- Reichmuth Funeral Home, Elkhorn, Neb.
- ** *Reynolds Jonkhoff Funeral Home & Cremation Services, Traverse City, Mich/
- Roller Coffman-Crouch Funeral Home, Mountain View, Ark.
- Roller Funeral Home – Paris, Paris, Ark.
- *Roller Funeral Home, Mountain Home, Ark.
- *Roller-Chenal Funeral Home, Little Rock, Ark.
- Roller-Cox Funeral Home, Clarksville, Ark.
- *Roller-Daniel Funeral Home, Searcy, Ark.
- *Roller-McNut Funeral Home, Conway, Ark.
- Roller-McNutt Funeral Home Clinton, Clinton, Ark.
- ****Roller-Owens Funeral Home, North Little Rock, Ark.
- ***Savage-DeMarco Funeral Service, Endicott, N.Y.
- Seaver-Brown Funeral Service & Crematory, Marion, Va.
- *Sharer-Stirling-Skivolocke Funeral Home, Alliance, Ohio
- ****Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, Fairfield, Conn.
- Smith Family Funeral Home – North Little Rock Funeral Home, North Little Rock, Ark.
- **Spicer-Mullikin Funeral Homes and Crematory, New Castle, Del.
- St. Peter Chapels, Quezon City, Manila, Philippines
- *Staab Polk Memorial Home/Cremation Services of Central Illinois, Chatham, Ill.
- Sunset Funeral Home, Danville, Ill.
- ***Tetrick Funeral & Cremation Services, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Tetrick Funeral Home, Elizabethton, Tenn.
- ***Thomas L. Neilan & Sons Funeral Home, Niantic, Conn.
- *Thomas McAfee Funeral Home – Downtown Chapel, Greenville, S.C.
- Thomas McAfee Funeral Home – Northwest Chapel, Greenville, S.C.
- Thomas McAfee Funeral Home – Southeast Chapel, Simpsonville, S.C.
- Titus Funeral Home, Warsaw, Ind.
- *Twiford Funeral Home, Elizabeth City, N.C.
- Waid Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Merrill, Wis.
- Waitt Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Morganville, N.J.
- Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park & Mortuary, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Watson Thomas Funeral Home and Crematory, Galesburg, Ill.
- Weeks' Dryer Mortuary, Tacoma, Wash.
- *Weeks' Enumclaw Funeral Home, Enumclaw, Wash.
- *Weeks' Funeral Home, Buckley, Wash.
- Wieting Family Funeral Home, Chilton, Wis.
- *Wm. Sullivan & Son Funeral Home, Royal Oak, Mich.
- *Wm. Sullivan & Son Funeral Home, Utica, Mich.
- ****Worlein Funeral Home, Austin, Minn.
NFDA is the world's leading and largest funeral service association, serving 19,700 individual members who represent more than 10,000 funeral homes in the United States and 49 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
# # #
Contact: Jessica Koth, 262-814-1536, email@example.com