Thank you for your continued support of the Funeral and Memorial Information Council's (FAMIC) Have the Talk of a Lifetime campaign. Today's launch of a national advertising and public relations effort is an exciting opportunity to reverse the trends of less memorialization. The ads and PR materials created for the national campaign will direct consumers to the Have the Talk consumer website where they can learn how to begin a conversation with loved ones and find a local funeral professional who can offer advice about memorialization.
That's right ... FAMIC's Have the Talk of a Lifetime initiative could bring consumers to your door! But, you need to take an important step to make that happen.
FAMIC developed the "Find a Funeral Professional" widget so consumers can enter their zip code on the Have the Talk consumer website and find funeral homes near them that can help them have the talk and offer guidance about meaningful funerals and memorial services.
You can be the first funeral home in your community – and among the first in the country – to be included in the FAMIC database.
To install the "Find a Funeral Professional" widget, and ensure consumers can find your funeral home, you or your website administrator will need to add a special Have the Talk of a Lifetime logo to your firm's website. You or your web administrator will also need to add a special piece of HTML code to your website.
Instructions on how to add the logo and HTML code can be found on the FAMIC website. There, you will find other useful resources and campaign materials to help you start – or continue – spreading the Have the Talk of a Lifetime message in your community.
- Go to http://www.famic.org
- In the lower left corner you will be prompted to log in:
- Username: famic (all lowercase)
- Password: campaign (all lowercase)
- Click on the link under the image that says, "Learn more about this exciting new consumer education program"
- You will be directed to a page that describes the campaign; you will also see a link, "Download the Have the Talk of a Lifetime materials here" highlighted in green. Click on that link to view and the widget instructions, campaign materials, and more.
For more information about Have the Talk of a Lifetime, call your NFDA member services representative at 800-228-6332.
Have the Talk of a Lifetime - National 30-second Commercial