More than one in 15 U.S. adults have depression. For people ages 15-44, depression is the leading cause of disability. But there is good news: of those who seek treatment, some 80% improve within four to six weeks. National Depression Screening Day, held annually on October 11, is observed each year by hospitals, clinics, schools, and other groups around the country. The sooner someone is diagnosed, the sooner they can receive treatment for their illness. The experts from the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program, a benefit of your membership, have resources to learn more.
If you are concerned about your mental health or that of a loved one, you can speak confidentially with an expert from the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program at no charge. Visit the NFDA website to learn more.
The Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) offers a toll-free hotline staffed by experts who can suggest resources and offer support, along with unlimited access to online resources for:
- Unlimited phone/online consultations and up to three in-person sessions with a licensed counselor per yer
- Online referrals to:
- Care services (adult, child or special needs care, summer camps, etc.
- Education services (school, tutoring, test prep, etc.)
- Family services (parenting, adoption, pregnancy, infertility, etc.)
- Convenience services (home repair, pet care, relocation, etc.)
- Financial planning
- Legal information & referrals
- Articles, tools, webinars, podcasts and more!
The support offered through the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program is free and confidential. It is available to you, your immediate family, your staff, and members of their immediate family.
For more information, visit www.nfda.org/worklife (member log in required).