Your Firm's Green Accomplishments and Vision Deserve Recognition!
Exclusive to qualifying NFDA members, this national award program recognizes NFDA funeral homes that have adopted and implemented ethical and sustainable green funeral and business practices.
If your firm already has environmentally friendly practices in place, it is a prime candidate for the NFDA Green Funeral Practices Certificate.
If your firm is interested in becoming a green funeral practices funeral home or just beginning to add green practices, NFDA Green Resources provides resources, information, and ideas.
Benefits to Your Firm
- Another way to become the funeral home of choice for more families
- Showcases your environmentally-friendly vision
- Creates positive community reaction
- Generates positive media exposure
- Commit to terms of Green Funeral Practices Certificate Program
- Offer green funeral goods and services + one or more each: green funeral packages, caskets, urns, temporary preservation options for open casket viewing (as the law allows)
- Provide NFDA with copies of all FTC price lists
- Employees completed FTC Funeral Rule training within last 18 months
- At least 2 employees participated in green educational programs within last 18 months
- Submit Green Responsibility Plan
How does my firm apply for the certificate?
To learn more about how to apply for the NFDA Green Funeral Practices Certificate Program, call your member services representative at (800) 228-6332.
The NFDA Green Funeral PracticesTM Certificate is renewable annually. Review the designation Statement of Use.
To learn more about joining other farsighted NFDA firms serving this emerging consumer market, contact your personal NFDA member services representative at 1-800-228-6332.