With NFDA’s funeral home-focused membership structure, starting or renewing your membership is easy.
- All dues are paid by the firm, meaning any legal entity (e.g. corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, etc.) that owns one or more funeral home facilities within a state.
- Any licensed funeral director or embalmer who owns or is employed by a dues-paying firm automatically becomes a member of NFDA
- If you are in a state where funeral homes can be a member of either or both state and national associations, your firm will pay directly to NFDA.
- If you are in a state where funeral homes maintain memberships in both state and national associations (Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia or Wyoming), you will continue to pay dues through the state association.
Full State Association Listing
- Firm dues are based on the number of families served by the firm within a state, defined as the total number of death certificates filed minus those filed when acting as an agent on behalf of another funeral home for a calendar year.
2018 Dues Schedule
||$404 + .85/Death Cert
||$465 + .85/Death Cert
||$645 + .85/Death Cert
||$776 + .85/Death Cert
||$1,167 + .85/Death Cert
||$1,456 + .85/Death Cert
(Example: Dues for 700 cases per year are $1,167 + (700 x $.85) = $1,762)
2018 Individual and Student Dues Structure (for licensees not affiliated with dues-paying firm)
|Mortuary science student
|Digital mortuary science student membership
Lifetime member eligibility:
- retired from active employment
- reached age of 65
- individual benefit
Call a Member Services Representative at 800-228-6332 for exclusive details about this new membership category.