The NFDA Certified Preplanning Consultant (CPC) program has set the highest standard of professional excellence in preplanning through voluntary certification for nearly 20 years. Its mission is to promote expertise and professionalism in advance funeral planning by recognizing those individuals who have met certain predetermined qualifications and demonstrated their knowledge of prearrangement standards through the CPC examination. The CPC designation:
- Promotes advance funeral planning to the public
- Enhances your credibility and professionalism
- Ensures recognition of your arrangement expertise
- Adds value to your relationships with families
- Funeral Preplanning Principles
- The Funeral Rule
- Ethics in Preplanning
- Funding Options
- Contract Standards
- Attentive Listening Skills
- Marketing Principles
- Customer Service Excellence
- Consultative Sales
- Creating Meaningful Ceremonies
- 1-Day CPC Seminar approved for up to 8 CE hours. Exam morning of second day.
- CPC Correspondence approved for up to 15 CE hours. Exams scheduled in candidate’s community.
The CPC Program is accredited by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice (APFSP) and by the licensing boards of most states and provinces. Many insurance licensing boards also approve the program.