As a Certified Preplanning Consultant (CPC), I pledge to abide by the following commitments that identify the ethical standards of my profession:
Service to Families
- I will treat the information shared with me during the preplanning interview with confidentiality and integrity.
- I will offer my services to all without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
- I will at all times maintain the standards and obligations of the funeral home that I represent.
- I will provide my client with detailed price lists of services and merchandise before he or she selects services or merchandise, and at the conclusion of the funeral arrangement conference will provide a written statement listing all of the services and merchandise that have been purchased.
- I will properly account for and remit any monies, documents or personal property belonging to others that come into my possession.
- I will answer any questions the client may have pertaining to the preneed agreement, including any guarantees and representations, and will attempt to resolve any problems efficiently and fairly and with due consideration given to the views and concerns of the client.
Obligations to the Public
- I will make no representation, written or oral, that may be false or misleading or that is likely to defraud or deceive the public.
- I will abide by the provisions of the NFDA CPC Statement of Use regarding the appropriate and responsible use of the CPC designation.
- I will continue my professional education in this field.
- I further pledge to conduct myself at all times in a manner that deserves the public trust.
Obligations to the Government
- I will continue to hold all necessary licenses to engage in providing preneed services and products in the state or states in which I practice.
- I will maintain my accountability to the client by complying with all applicable state and federal regulations and standards governing funeral preplanning, trust and insurance funding for funerals, and consumer protection.