Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to further knowledge, understanding, and positive recognition for NFDA products, services, members and the funeral service profession.
- Work with departments to identify and fulfill their marketing needs.
- Responsible for the Association’s website content management and updates including working with all departments on content, making recommendations, writing content, working with third party vendors and other needs.
- Responsible for writing marketing content for all Association emails, faxes and collateral.
- Develop and manage digital marketing efforts, including event web pages, website ads, email ads and promotional emails including ad copy and design management.
- Coordinate print advertising efforts, including writing ad copy and working with in-house designer.
- Responsible for coordinating production of convention promotional materials, including preview brochure, registration brochure and onsite program/planner.
- Responsible for the Association’s video management, including working with internal resources and/or third parties to produce a variety of promotional videos throughout the year.
- Research and recommend Association promotional items (such as bags, portfolios, etc).
- Manage relationships with outside contractors/vendors providing communication and marketing support.
- Assist and serve as a back up for Association’s social media efforts.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in funeral service.
- Represent the association at Association events as required.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Associations’ mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments, participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
- Embraces and actively participate in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing or similar field along with 5-7 years of experience is required. A minimum of five (5) years of communications/marketing experience, preferably in an association/non-profit environment, is required. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Communication and/or Marketing in a national capacity is strongly desired. Strong organizational, writing and proofreading, time management, critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication including ability to communicate at all levels, attention to detail and proficiency in PC based environment utilizing Microsoft applications are essential. Must be a team player and able to build consensus with a diverse group of individuals as well as ability to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team. Some travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for a long time period, use hands/fingers to manipulate a computer keyboard, communicate verbally over the phone and in person and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk, and sometimes bend, twist, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, grasp, and lift up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.