The Part-Time (25 hours/week) Accounting Clerk assists the Finance department with its daily accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory duties for the Association and its multiple entities. Works in conjunction with the Controller and Accounts Payable/Inventory Manager.
- Process and verify daily accounts receivable, to include daily batching, applying payments and creating the daily bank deposit.
- Monitors the accounts receivable aging, initiates the past due collection process, and prepares monthly statements.
- Works closely with the Member Service Representatives to handle batch discrepancies and data entry issues.
- Create invoices as needed for “The Director” and other Association balance dues.
- Verifies coding of the weekly payables and enters them into the accounting software.
- Calculates and prepares the sales/use tax payable to various states.
- Prepares the annual 1099 tax forms.
- As a back up to the Inventory Manager, is able to print packing tickets and pick/ship the daily resource orders.
- Works with the Member Services Department to resolve resource order questions and concerns.
- Conducts credit checks for new advertisers as needed.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments and participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
- Embrace and actively participate in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
An Associates degree in accounting or equivalent work experience (three-five years accounts receivable and/or accounts payable experience), with P.C. spreadsheet proficiency, Excel preferred. Must be able to operate a 10-key adding machine and be experienced in word-processing and database entry. Must be a team player able to build consensus with a diverse group of individuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time, use hands/fingers to manipulate a computer keyboard, communicate verbally and hear. The employee is sometimes required to walk, bend, twist, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, grasp, and lift up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.