Responsible for assisting in the planning, development, and delivery of technology-enabled continuing education programs/products – online courses, virtual events, webinars, and microlearning opportunities. Implement a full range of eLearning strategies to support professional development programs and events. Responsible for presenter and program or event coordination, including limited face-to-face programs, and various continuing education processes.
- Utilize existing and emerging technology applications and software to build online courses and educational activities.
- Responsible for working with outside eLearning vendor to design, develop and implement continuing education (CE) online learning products. Responsible for working with SMEs to develop curriculum including planning, researching content, preparing, test instrument development, and content update for professional development courses, including distance learning/DL (homestudy, OL, webinar, and other CE courses as may be assigned.)
- Serve as program manager for a limited number of face-to-face conferences, including speaker selection, program design, delivery and evaluation. Provide onsite management of conference logistics and speaker support.
- Select topics and speakers, schedule, coordinate content development, and facilitate webinars and virtual events with presenters.
- Evaluate effectiveness of eLearning programs via presenter and attendee feedback and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and coordinate programming content required for fulfillment of CE application process for all distance learning, and select face-to-face educational programs.
- Coordinate professional development event and program promotional messages and registration information with Marketing. Prepare monthly ad copy for DL programs and products for The Director magazine.
- Review all distance learning content on website for accuracy and timeliness. Coordinate content updates with Marketing.
- Manage the Green Funeral Practices Program.
- Coordinate library services for the Howard C. Raether Library for internal and external patrons. Manage special projects such as cataloging that may be identified by supervisor.
- Lead review and development of PPT, handout, and other materials for webinars/virtual roundtables select onsite events. Proofread all related print and website text.
- Collaborate with Information Technology staff regarding instructional delivery systems and course development software. Test and troubleshoot online courses. Provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff in the creation and editing of video content for eLearning applications.
- Contribute to the budget development and monitor expenses and revenue quarterly against budgets for eLearning programs and Green Funeral Practices (GFP) cost centers and others as may be assigned.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in adult learning and the use of technology, funeral service, and the deathcare industry.
- Represent NFDA programs and activities publicly as required including facilitation of webinars and virtual roundtables.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments and participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
- Embrace and actively participate in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related field with 5-7 years’ experience in curriculum development and education program management. Master’s Degree is preferred. Knowledge of course development processes and instructional design models. Ability to design and develop instructionally sound learning solutions in multiple modalities for our members needs. Demonstrates exceptional organizational and planning skills with great attention to detail. Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication and decision-making, strong proofreading skills, and a high level of professionalism. Must have program content writing, editing and proofreading experience. Self-motivated with willingness to take ownership and responsibility of multiple tasks without sacrificing accuracy. Excellent time management skills, adherence to deadlines, ability to be persistent in follow-up. Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards assuming new projects and challenges. Extensive knowledge of MS Office including Excel. Some travel required.